Tuesday, 26 September 2017

Try it on Tuesday has time for everyone

Still doing scheduled posts and sending apologies for not commenting on you projects but time is still not on my side unfortunately

Hi All and a warm welcome to Jumbled Crafts where today is the start of a new challenge at Try it on Tuesday. Thank you for visiting my blog and I hope you will join in the challenge.

The theme for the next two weeks is Time/Clocks so lots of things you can do for this challenge. If you can't think of anything then just visit TIOT and see what our wonderful team have made to inspire you. We would like to know a little about how you made your project as it so good to see everyone's ideas.

One of my friends collects pocket watches old and new. Sometimes they get broken or don't work so they end up in my craft stash. He loves to see what I make from them. I took this one apart and used the face and the workings as a separate piece from the case. The case has a picture of Marie Antoinette with lace and pearls with flowers. The clock face has pearls around the edge with a flower and lace in the centre. I used my glue gun to join them together. I added ribbon to the top to hang it up and a tassel to the bottom decorated with flowers.


This is another picture of it against a white wall.

Have a great day and don't forget to join us at the challenge.

Tag Tuesday have Steam Punk this time so maybe some of your projects, if they are tags with clocks, will fit in with both challenges

 This one is mixed media with printed digital background and cut out butterfly and metal embellishments
This one is digital.

Love Chrissie xx


26 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lots of gorgeous projects from you today, one lovelier than the other, well done! Still feeling groggy here, will try to answer your mail later! Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Oh my gosh - wonderful projects dear Chrissie! I am thrilled about your ideas always!
Hope all runs better for you soon - fingers crossed!
oxo Susi

Rosie said...

These are absolutely gorgeous projects, dear Chrissie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love all three pieces you created for this post. I really LOVE the clock face with Marie. I can't believe your friend just GIVES you these old pocket watches. What a great friend, because you can't begin to imagine how expensive non-working ones are at thrift stores and auctions here in the states. Needless to say, I adore it, as well as the steampunk tags.

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous projects Chrissie. I love how you altered the pocket watch, it looks awesome against both the backgrounds in your photos.
The Steampunk pieces are also fantastic, its been a great post to read today.
Yvonne xx

Lucyna Marynowska said...

This is a brilliant ALTERATION Chrissie!
You made this pocket clock into a masterpiece!
Oh and I love your steampunk pieces as well.
All the best Dear Chrissie-
Lula

Mrs.B said...

Love the little pocket watch hanging, so pretty and the Steampunk pieces are really cool.
Hugs, Avril xx

Margik said...

A really wonderful project so creative and feminine, Chrissie!!!
Love your tag and the theme is fantastic!
Hugs, Mar

Joan said...

Lots of fab projects Chrissie, love how you have used the old watches

Joan

Joan said...

All of your projects are gorgeous!! I love the pretty Marie pocket watch!! Both steampunk tags are super creative - love the digital work!!!

Sandra Wright said...

Fabulous altered clock Chrissie, my friend has just given me 4 mini carriage clocks that no longer work,so I shall have to get my thinking cap on for them..
Love your Steampunk Tags too....
Hugs x

hazel said...

Two wonderful pieces Chrissie, I love them both.
xxx Hazel.

My name is Erika. said...

Wow Chrissie-you have some fabulous art in this post.

sam21ski said...

Oh wow Chrissie, they may be scheduled but they are all absolutely fantastic, I love, love, love them all xx

maj. said...

These are such a totally amazing projects!!!

nanskidrewski said...

Really love everything, but especially what you have created with the old pocket watch. Butterflies are a favorite of mine too, so I really like that one also. So many great ideas!

Cheetarah said...

Great projects!

butterfly said...

Love your time ornament (I've many old watches hanging around awaiting their moment in the crafting sun, but it never seems to happen!), and the fantastic steampunk butterfly too. No worries about commenting - do hope you are holding up okay.
Alison xx

Craftychris said...

I adore the first project with the awesome old watch pieces! The two tags are cool too. Three wonderful projects! xxx

Marjut said...

Fantastic projects.

Craftyfield said...

Goodness... what a treat! The clock transformation is fabulous and the steampunk tag really ticks my box... I guess you're having a difficult time and I hope things will get better soon for you.

Let's Art Journal said...

What amazing projects! I love your feminine clock creation and those steampunk tags are stunning 😁. Wishing you a great weekend! J 😊

Wilma Simmons said...

Brilliant work, Chrissie - so impressed with your digital art!

Marina said...

I think clock pieces are always atmospheric, and your projects are beautiful and intriguing.

Sue said...

What amazing pieces Chrissie, I love how you've used the old pocket watch parts - so clever and pretty xx

geistige_Schritte said...

wonderful projects dear Chrissie, so so enthusiastic so fantastic everything!
Happy week
Elke